To see the tech tree that this report describes, please click on this link: [link]
This is the third of my faction reports for Command & Conquer Generals and Generals Zero Hour. This is the Global Liberation Army, a terrorist army in the Generals game that uses sneak attacks and chemical weapons. For more information about the G.L.A., click on this link: [link]
The following is a list of G.L.A. weapons and buildings. Note that I am reviewing only technologies unique to this faction (since some buildings are common to all three sides).
(1) Tunnel Network: armed with a machine gun turret, the Tunnel Network can hold up to ten infantry or vehicles who are healed inside. When two or more tunnels are built, the occupants can move from one tunnel to another instantly. Like all G.L.A. buildings, the Tunnel Network will leave a hole if destroyed; if the hole isn't destroyed by the enemy, the building will reappear.
(2) Stinger Site: spawns three Stinger Soldiers when built, the Stinger Site is the G.L.A.'s anti-air and anti-tank defense. The soldiers are not protected while inside and can be removed easily with fire, toxins or snipers, making the site useless.
(3) Demo Trap: an invisible trap that explodes if the enemy gets too close. The Demo Trap can be set to detonate whenever the player wants or automatically. It can also be disarmed by enemy builders.
(4) Palace: The G.L.A.'s tech building which doubles as a bunker. The Palace can hold up to five soldiers to protect the base.
(5) Black Market: the place where the G.L.A. buys and sells stolen goods, the Black Market generates $20 per second to fund the player. It is also a tech building for advanced G.L.A. upgrades.
(6) Scud Storm: the best G.L.A. weapon in the game, the Scud Storm fires nine toxin-filled Scud missiles at a target area. When upgraded with Anthrax Beta, the toxins are more dangerous against infantry and light vehicles. Since it can hit an area multiple times and has a large attack radius, the Scud Storm is (in my opinion) the game's best super weapon.
(1) Worker: Unlock America and China, the G.L.A. uses Workers to create buildings. The Worker can also collect supply crates and dig out mines and traps. He is available at either the Command Center or Supply Stash (even if the Command Center is destroyed, you can still build your base).
(2) Rebel: The G.L.A.'s rifleman, the Rebel uses a machine gun and can capture buildings like other riflemen. When upgraded with Camouflage, he will be hidden from enemy sight when not attacking or capturing. The A.P. (Armor-Piercing) Bullets upgrade gives him a stronger attack.
(3) Terrorist: A suicide bomber who runs into enemies and explodes on them. The Terrorist can also jump into civilian cars, turn them into Car Bombs and then drive them into enemies. He is very fast and can give tanks a hard time.
(4) Angry Mob: a large number of civilians armed with rifles and Molotov cocktails, the Angry Mob is one of the G.L.A.'s best units. It is very effective against ground units and buildings and will respawn any killed rioters. When upgraded with AK-47's ("Arm the Mob"), they are much more powerful.
(5) Jarmen Kell: The G.L.A.'s commando who is an elite sniper. Jarmen Kell can snipe drivers out of vehicles ("Driver Kill"), allowing him or his allies to take control of it. He is hidden from view when not shooting.
(6) Hijacker: a G.L.A. soldier who is trained to steal vehicles from enemy players, the Hijacker is hidden from sight when not moving. You need to buy the Hijacker General's Power (Rank 3) and build a Palace to train Hijackers.
(1) Technical: a fast transport that can be built as a truck, jeep or van from the Arms Dealer. The Technical can hold up to five soldiers. It can also upgrade its machine gun to a cannon when it collects salvage crates.
(2) Since the its Command Center does not come with radar (unlike America and China), the G.L.A. must build a Radar Van to unlock the map feature. Radar Vans can also reveal camouflaged enemies around them. The Radar Scan upgrade allows them to uncover the Fog of War.
(3) Scorpion Tank: the smallest and lightest tank in Generals, the Scorpion can be upgraded to launch rockets. Toxin Shells and Anthrax Beta make them effective at killing infantry. Like all G.L.A. vehicles, they can repair themselves with the Junk Repair upgrade.
(4) Toxin Tractor: a soldier's worst nightmare in Generals, a Toxin Tractor quickly kills infantry with its toxic spray gun and can even Contaminate an area around itself. Anthrax Beta makes these bio-weapons even more dangerous.
(5) Quad Cannon: the G.L.A.'s elite anti-air vehicle, the Quad Cannon shreds through aircraft using its four machine guns. It can upgrade with salvage to use a stronger cannon.
(6) Rocket Buggy: a small and fast vehicle that acts as artillery for the Global Liberation Army. The Rocket Buggy attacks with a rocket barrage at long distances and can upgrade with Extra Buggy Ammo for even more rockets. The buggy will sometimes get too close its target before shooting, so keep it as far away as possible.
(7) Bomb Truck: the G.L.A.'s second suicide bomber, the Bomb Truck can be disguised as any other vehicle for surprise attacks. Its High-Explosive Bomb and Bio-Bomb upgrades give it a more powerful explosion and the ability to leak Anthrax, respectively. You need a Palace to build Bomb Trucks.
(8) Marauder Tank: one of my favorite tanks in Generals, the Marauder can upgrade its cannon with salvage. A fully-upgraded Marauder (having two cannons) can rival a Chinese Overlord. Like Scorpions, it uses Toxin Shells and Anthrax Beta to effectively kill infantry. You need to buy the Marauder General's power to build it.
(9) Scud Launcher: one of my favorite artillery units in Generals (besides the Inferno and Nuke Cannons). The Scud Launcher is a very useful G.L.A. vehicle: it can switch between High-Explosive and Anthrax warheads (similar to the Bomb Truck's upgrades). You need a Palace and the Scud Launcher General's power to build it.
(1) Anthrax Beta: an upgrade that turns all toxin clouds blue (as opposed to green). Anthrax Beta makes toxic weapons 25% more deadly against infantry and vehicles.
(2) Junk Repair: this is a useful upgrade that allows all G.L.A. vehicles to automatically heal themselves after taking damage. It is like having a Speaker Tower but better (since you need to buy it only once).
(3) A.P. Bullets and A.P. Rockets: The Armor-Piercing upgrade boosts the attack power of units that fire bullets (e.g., Rebels, Technicals and Quad Cannons). Similarly, the A.P. Rockets upgrade boosts the attack of rocket-armed weapons (like R.P.G. Troopers and Rocket Buggies).
(1) Technical Training: Similar to China's Red Guard Training and Artillery Training powers, buying this power will allow you to build Technicals at the veteran level.
(2) Cash Bounty: You can not really use this power since it activates automatically when you buy it. Whenever you destroy enemy units or buildings, you will earn back a percentage of their values as a bounty. The bounty amount increases with each Cash Bounty level.
(3) Rebel Ambush: Similar to America's Paradrop power, this power summons Rebels at the target area (although they appear instantly) for a sneak attack. The number of Rebels summmoned increases with each Rebel Ambush level.
(4) Emergency Repair: this power repairs any damaged vehicles and comes in three levels. The extent of the repairs increases with each level.
(5) Anthrax Bomb: a toxin-filled bomb dropped by a plane, Anthrax Bomb contaminates a large area. It does more damage against infantry and vehicles with the Anthrax Beta upgrade. You need to be at Rank 5 to use the Anthrax Bomb power.
Command and Conquer Generals and Zero Hour belong to EA Games. This data report belongs to me,